This is one of many ridiculously easy pasta recipes I have up my sleeve (and the first to be officially documented). I’ve shared it with countless friends and family members who have all given me positive feedback regarding the ease and the taste of this flavorful, healthy, kid-approved pasta recipe. I hope it will become a favorite weeknight dinner for your family, too!
Some quick tips before you get started:
- You can cook the pasta and prepare the sausage/pepper sauce at the same time.
- Don’t drain the pasta! Scoop it out of the boiling water with a large slotted spoon and put it directly in the sauce.
- I use light cream cheese AND light sour cream (not fat free!).
- The red sauce/marinara I use is something I usually have left over in the fridge. It can vary from several tablespoons to a 1/4 cup of sauce from the jar. Nothing special, it just adds some tang to the cream sauce. If you’re starting with a new jar, use the rest as pizza sauce or dipping sauce for calzones!
- Serve the sausage on the side if you have vegetarians coming over for dinner and everyone will be a happy camper.
Cuisine French Category Uncategorized
Easy to make, but with a big wow factor
Cool completely! Refrigerate for several hours and up to a couple of days
- 2 cups heavy or light cream, or half-and-half
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar, more for topping
- In a saucepan, combine cream, vanilla bean and salt and cook over low heat just until hot.
- In a bowl, beat yolks and sugar together until light.
- Pour into four 6-ounce ramekins and place ramekins in a baking dish
- Fill dish with boiling water halfway up the sides of the dishes
- Place ramekins in a broiler 2 to 3 inches from heat source
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 41.41 g||63.7%|
|Saturated Fat 24.72 g||123.6%|
|Cholesterol 315.29 mg||105.1%|
|Sodium 121.49 mg||5.1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g||1.4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0||0|
|Sugars 3.79 g|
|Protein 5.26 g|
|Vitamin A 44.17 %||Vitamin C 0.8 %|
|Calcium 10.44 %||Iron 2.76 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
One response to “Super Easy Southwest Pasta Recipe”
[…] 5: Super Easy Southwest Ziti w/sausage & peppers, garlic […]